Monday, October 12, 2009

ISU Ski and Snowboard Club

The ISU Ski and Snowboard Club is the second largest club at Iowa State. They have a variety of trips and weekly events for members to partake in. Members of the club also receive special discounts at several sporting goods stores in the area as well at Seven Oaks in Boone. The club seems very laid back and has a fun environment which is why I would love to join.

They have a club meeting once or twice a month. At the meetings, everyone gets to enjoy free food and drinks as well as social with other members. They discuss upcoming events and trips. They have several trips available during Thanksgiving break, Winter break, Spring break, and an end of the year trip. For example, this year for their Winter break trip, they are traveling to Breckenridge, Colorado. The club is offering a very cheap price to go there for a week and stay in a luxurious condo. The members also receive lift tickets, discounted ski and snowboard rentals, lessons, and exclusive entertainment. Many of the club members have described the trips as “epic”!

It is a club that encourages everyone to join even if you do not know how to ski or snowboard. I have only snowboarded a couple times (each time I spent more time on my bottom than on the board), but I am still very interested in joining because I want to learn to get better. I want to improve so that I can keep up with my friends on our annual trip to Minnesota. But I also want to learn and improve so that I can enjoy actually staying on my feet instead of having several painful bruises after snowboarding.

Although I have not joined yet, it seems like a very fun opportunity to get involved in. It would be a great way to meet tons a new people as well as get involved in something that I am interested in. This club is very appealing to me because it will allow me to become involved in something that will take my mind off of school work.

9 comments:

  1. I am in this club to and am planning on going to Breckenridge! It should be a good time and you should go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the trip from the table brochures and have to agree that it would be awesome. I would go if I had the time and money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could snowboard! I think it's great that you are least trying and would like to improve. That's a good start! This club sounds like so much fun with many opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the trips they put on sound amazing. This will be a great way for you to meet tons of people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! that sounds like a ton of fun! I hope you have a blast while in it and hopefully you will get out of it what you want to

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great club. I thought about joining as well because I, also, wanted to get better at snowboarding. I decided against it this year but it does sound like a good opportunity to get out and do something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you found a club that has some good benefits for its club members.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it would be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wished I could snowboard. I'm sure joining this club would be a blast, and help you with your skills.

    ReplyDelete